Best In Show! Woooooooooo!
Hard to believe it's already been a year since the last Plein Air competition. Well, this year I did even better than last year and won the 'Best Of Show' award! I really didn't expect to win anything at all since the piece I entered was not the one I had intended to do. I started working on a really large (48"X30") oil painting but it was taking too long to dry and I would never have finished it to my liking in time. I set it aside the day before entries were due and decided to do a tiny little watercolor painting just so I would have something to show. I went across the street to the historic cemetery near our house, found a nice composition and completed the painting in about two hours.
Here it is:
The dimensions are around 6"x8" and it was the smallest entry in the show. Anyway, I was pretty surprised when it won.
The Plein Air event is a part of the Autumn Dayz Festival and this year Sara helped put together a children's art tent where they could go and paint or draw. Here's a little sketch I did of Sara using some of the materials they had. In this case construction paper, charcoal pencil, crayon and tempera paint.
Here it is:
The dimensions are around 6"x8" and it was the smallest entry in the show. Anyway, I was pretty surprised when it won.The Plein Air event is a part of the Autumn Dayz Festival and this year Sara helped put together a children's art tent where they could go and paint or draw. Here's a little sketch I did of Sara using some of the materials they had. In this case construction paper, charcoal pencil, crayon and tempera paint.

3 Comments:
That's awesome! Your brain must have been in the perfect space, because this looks like it went down easy and with lots of confidence. It's really lovely!
I love the character sketch of Sarah. It looks like you did it effortlessly. How do you continually manage to crete such lovely pieces to post instead of just posting crap....like me.
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home